Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cartwheel!

Grace #13: My Physical Fitness

Today I did a cartwheel! I had not done one in at least 20 years. We were hanging out with family at a gym, and there was this huge mat on the gym floor where the kids were wrestling with each other and their uncle. In addition, my daughter was practicing her cartwheels and round-offs. Every time I see her doing them I remember doing gymnastics as a kid and how much I enjoyed it, and I fantasize about trying a cartwheel. I always think about doing one, but the fear of falling and hurting myself usually wins out and I don't do it. Today I just did not want to let fear win. It helped that we had been playing dodge ball and I felt like a kid. Anyway, I DID IT! I am so proud of myself. I am forty-ish and in decent shape...and I can still do a cartwheel. Yay for me! :)

1 comment: