Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Girls Weekend

Grace #15: Weekend with good friends

My daughter, C, and I enjoyed a "girls weekend" together, traveling to my good friend, D's, home. While there we spent wonderful quality time with D, her daughter and her hubby. C and I enjoyed our travel time listening to music, watching movies (my daughter, not me! I was of course doing the driving), and listening to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The audio book was particularly fun for me. I have been anxiously anticipating the time when she would want to "read" the Harry Potter books. If you know me, you know I LOVED reading them with my son and husband :) We had a yummy dinner at Panera, and just generally enjoyed our girl time together.

Finally, after too many pit-stops due to my small, caffeine-stimulated bladder, we arrived at D's house. Unfortunately we were too late to see her daughter, S, who was already in bed, but nonetheless so happy to be there! After a good night's sleep, we left the girls with D's hubby, R, (muchas gracias, R!!) and then headed off to breakfast at Original Pancake House--one of our very favorite things to do together.

After a lot of scrumptious food:

a lot of stimulating conversation and girl talk:

And even more of their tasty coffee:


we left OPH, and headed for...are you ready for this?...more coffee! We just HAD to go to one of our fave coffee houses for more delicious java and fun gabbing. It was so wonderful to have all this connecting time with one of my oldest friends. Pardon the pun, but it was so "cup-filling!"

The rest of our weekend was spent playing with the girls, sharing our photos and music, and laughing. It was a joy to watch S and C play together. As a mom, I delighted in watching my daughter be an incredible playmate to her friend who is 3.5 years younger. I also got to appreciate the immense growth and development that S has accomplished in the past year.



Finally, I enjoyed watching my friend mother her daughter. D is an awesome mom who exhibits true devotion, patience, courage, love, fortitude and dedication. I am grateful to call her my friend. I have learned a lot from her.

Lastly, thanks to my beloved and son for spending a "guys weekend" together, so that the girls could all bond and connect!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful!!!!! An important tradition to teach and value young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how much I love you, Chel! Thanks for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete